Transdermal Patches are an easy to use and hassle free method to manage pain.
Some of the key advantages of Transdermal Patches are:
- Less likelihood of side effects
- No gastric irritation
- Good adhesion and flexibility of patch
- No vomiting/Diarrhea unlike with oral medication.
- Can be used for days with a single application.
- Treatment can be quickly stopped by removing the patch from the skin.
- Ease of rapid identification of medication in emergencies – non-responsive patients, unconscious or comatose patients.
- Less chances of over or under dose as delivery of drug is standardized and released at a required rate.
- No messy, sticky residue from ointments, creams or sprays.